Kentucky Premier League 11U Academy Announcement
As part of the continued development of Kentucky Youth Soccer, we are excited to announce the expansion of the Kentucky Premier League (KPL) to include an 11U Kentucky Premier League Academy (Academy). The purpose of this Academy is to provide the best possible educational and playing environments between the member clubs throughout Kentucky. The Academy will focus on education and provide significant opportunities for the development of players, coaches, referees, parents and spectators.
“We are happy to announce the KPL 11U Academy beginning in the fall of 2018,” said Steven Murry, Director of Competition. “We are thrilled to expand the KPL to this age group. We believe these players will greatly benefit from involvement in the KPL and, therefore, be better prepared to face competition, in the state, region and nation, moving forward.”
Goals of the Academy
- Create a true State League with professional administration and centralized assigning.
- Provide broad educational structures for all Kentucky Youth Soccer member clubs and teams.
- Facilitate the development of the member club structure.
- Improve the identification and training of state, regional and national caliber players.
- Develop and provide structure to each team, including practice guidelines, player rest and recovery initiatives, and nutritional information.
- Provide better opportunities for player, coaching and referee development.
- Increase opportunities for the assessment of coaches and referees by the Kentucky Youth Soccer Technical Director and the Kentucky State Referee Association, respectively.
- Strengthen the relationship between coaches and administrators.
- Provide increased opportunities for clubs throughout Kentucky to gain access to the KPL.
- Promote sportsmanship in a safe, healthy and fun playing environment.
As the Academy will become the key entry point into the KPL, it will be comprised of two (2) Divisions, Premier & First, with each Division targeting to have eight (8) teams competing during a year-long season. More information on the league structure to follow. This league structure will also be featured in the 12U Academy system already in play with the KPL.
The Academy’s season will be year-long, beginning with an Academy-hosted playdate in August 2018 and ending in June 2019.
Registration for the Academy will open in May and close in mid-June 2018. The application fee to the 11U Academy will be $400.
More details on the Academy will be released by the KPL in the following weeks.
For more information on the Academy, please contact Steven Murry at firstname.lastname@example.org